Wow....where did today go?? We had a very nice a relaxing day today which was great! The day started off with me waking up CW @ 8:00am to see if Santa had been here. I took him to the potty and then he said, "Mommy, just take me back to my bed and sing me a song." I seriously couldn't believe what he was saying. So, after much discussion I finally got him to go downstairs! Bry was waiting for him and he was so excited...Santa had set up a Monster "Fruck" Truck cage match. He LOVED it!! We finally got him to start checking out his stocking and finally open up a gift. He opened a few, but none of them really caught his attention. He opened up Rex, from Toy Story and he was so excited. I told him to get the other little present from the tree and you know what he said before he even had it opened? "This is a piggy bank!" Seriously....I mean he is 2 and he guesses his next gift?!?!? Then he gets the next box and he says, "This is Woody!" At this point I am a little disgusted that he is guessing his gifts, but at least "Santa" knew what he wanted! Then he looked back at the tree one more time and he grabs the last one and says, "BUZZ LIGHTYEAR!" and rips the paper off faster then he has any of them. Sure enough it was Buzz! We all had a great time and we have more toys then I know what to do with. I had my house so clean and organized after a whole week off and now I am going to have to start over! Isn't our family so blessed?
As much as we love the presents of Christmas we started a ritual this year the night before Christmas we read the Bible (CW's Kid Bible) the birth of Jesus and the coming of the wise men, and we discussed that it was Jesus' Birthday and how thankful we are for him. CW knows that today is Jesus' Birthday and he can tell you that he was born in a stable and his mommy is Mary and his daddy is Joseph, although sometimes he says Moses...that's almost the same right? He can also tell you all the animals that where there to see Baby Jesus too! I am so proud of my little boy, he is so proud of what he learns at Sunday School and what we teach him. It is awesome to see the Lord in our son.
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you were able to enjoy your families and to enjoy a day of Peace and Rest!
Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment