OK, so we have officially started the potty training process. I was given advice to take a good 3 days at home with them with no major adventures out and about. So, with the holiday weekend I thought why not give it a try. We are almost through day 1 and things are going pretty good. We have only had 1 major accident (only pee!!) The hardest thing was putting him down for his nap. I told him we were going to sleep in a diaper and he FREAKEd out. So...we are sleeping in our dinosaurs. We will see how he does. Many times he does wake up dry from his nap and also in the mornings. But, you better believe we will be running to the potty when he wakes up. We had to get out of bed like 5 times because he had to potty, he usually at least tinkled a little, but nothing major. I asked him if his dinosaurs can get wet and he said "NOOO." I said where do we go potty, "in the toilet," was his reply. We will see how the rest of the day goes, but I'm very proud of him! He LOVES his new big boy under ware too.
I have decided no pull-ups, just plain under ware. We are have looked for the plastic pants that go over the top of his under ware for night time or long endeavours we may encounter, but no luck yet. I have mom out looking for some today in Indy. I have no doubt that she won't let me down!
how exciting! :) Good luck... Those days were kind of hard and I have to say I don't miss them. It is wonderful on the other side of them but it sounds like you guys are making awesome progress. That is so great! :)
ReplyDelete