So, we took Curtis to his 18 month check up on Tuesday. He is looking great! He is in the 75th percentile for height and weight. We have a new doctor and she is awesome! She really takes the time to talk to me about what is going on with him and how we can continue to help him grow in a healthy way. She gave us two tasks to complete in the next 6 months, although she recommended sooner. She wants us to get rid of the pacifier and no more milk right before bed. So, Wednesday when we picked him up from Nicci's house, (he spent the day with Nicci & Kevin) I put the passies away and he hasn't had it since. I was told this would be a horrifying process, but he has done a very good job. He has gone to bed every night with very little crying. He has woke up and instead of wanting his passie he wants his mommy. It is nice to be wanted, but I think I could do without it at 2, 3, 4 in the morning. But, I know someday I will be wishing that he was calling my name in the middle of the night. So, we are on day 4 and he is doing great, he asks for it on occasions, just to see if he can get it, but we just say it broke and its all gone and he seems fine with it.
I think that breaking the passie has been harder on mommy then Curtis. It is so hard to think that my little boy is no longer a baby. He no longer takes a bottle, he is in the process of getting rid of his passie and the doctor gave me papers to read to start getting prepared to potty train. Where does time go?
Here are some last days with the passie...as I am posting these he is pointing and saying passie, but then just going back to what he was doing.
Cassie came over to give Curtis his haircut. He hates it and screams and cries like crazy now. That is why you see the scissors in the background. This is at about the halfway point of the cut!

The next day after his haircut! It looks great!!

Here are just some pictures we have taken in the last week or so that Bryant and I thought you would like to see!

Curtis loves his baths! He will even stick his face all the way down in the water and come up and laugh! I can't wait for summer to take him swimming.
My little helper!! He loves to help sweep the floors! Hopefully this phase stays forever!

Here he is riding his horse and giving me flirty eyes!!
Love it! He's such an awesome kid - you guys have done so well! xoxox lizzie
ReplyDelete