Sunday, April 18, 2010

Heaven

Today's sermon was about Heaven and what it will be like. He closed discussing how we, as Christians, should be talking with our friends, family, and strangers about how great and wonderful Heaven will be. How there will be no more evil or bad and how everything will be absolutely perfect. Some of the key points for me were, 1. There are no crown wearers in Heaven that were not Cross wearers on earth, 2. Something is wrong with everything on Earth, and finally 3. Ultimately some healing can ONLY happen in the presence of the Heavenly Father, which means that death is in the only way for us or our loved ones to be truly healed. Not that it makes it any easier, but I had never thought of it that way before.
I just wanted to let everyone know that reads our blog that we WANT to spend eternity with you in Heaven and that even though it is going to be a rough uncomfortable road before we get there that we are here for you. He told us to ask ourselves this question, "Is my name written int he Lamb's Book of the living?" I pray that your answer is 100% YES, because the fear of what 80% or 90% brings is scary. I know that I am FAR from perfect and some of my sins shine very bright at times, but I know that my Heavenly Father knows that I am a work in progress and that I am trying to do my best everyday to be a better Christian, wife, mother and friend.
Just know that we love all of you and your friendships here on earth are priceless, but I hope to be dancing (surely God ensures we ALL have rhythm in Heaven! For your sake!!) in the Streets of Gold one day with you all!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Brit, we hope to be dancing with you too someday! And God definitely doesn't care about rhythm, have you seen Justin dance! I'm sure it makes Him smile :cP. Good post.

    ReplyDelete