Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Jesus is Among us!!

So we all know that Jesus is with us in our daily walk, but lately we have had the added reminder from Curtis. It is amazing, he is absolutely loving Sunday School. He is also going to Kids Alive at Church on Wednesdays. When we pick him up from class he can't quit talking about whatever it is that they did that day. He has even started saying his own prayer at supper and bedtime. It is awesome! (We will try to get video of this!) Curtis has helped our family move into a new direction with prayer. Bry and I have always prayed, but we have not been good at praying together. But, now we pray every day usually twice a day toghether. Plus, Wes and Amy got Curtis his first Bible! He LOVES it, it has become a part of our night time routine. We go upstairs, I take CW potty, Bry brushes his teeth (only Daddy can get Lightning McQueen out of his teeth!), I get his bed ready and he comes running in from the bath room screaming I want to read my Bible!!! Its awesome!
The other amazing thing that he has been doing is talking about moments that he and Jesus spend together. The best one is he was telling me how he and Jesus play dinosaurs. "Jesus says that TRex goes 'Roaaar!'" says Curtis. He went on and no about how Jesus was his friend and they loved to play dinosaurs.
One other instance, was we were out @ Nicci's Dad's house for a bonfire and we were in the barn eating with Kevin, Nicci, Holly & Morganne and Curtis looked up at Kevin and said, "Hey Kevin, Jesus is over there." Kevin about feel off of the picnic table, looked at me and said, "Did he just say what I think he said?" I said yep, and Curtis just kept on and on about how Jesus was right over there in that old car! It was awesome to think of Jesus right there with us, but I seriously about fell over laughing at Kevin. He said, "Do you think he can really see him and that he is right there?" I told him I sure hope so!
Aren't God's little children just so precious?

2 comments:

  1. Great post Brit. It's amazing how we think we are here to teach our children and in return God uses them to teach us. It gives me chills and makes me a little jealous that kids may indeed to get see Jesus. Makes me wonder what happens as we get older.... Curtis makes me smile. :c)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome, way to go C Dog! Dylan loves going to church as well. He gets to go twice a week sometimes. Once with momma to Bible and then on Sunday. As Dylan say, "I wanna go church and play with the kids."

    ReplyDelete