Saturday, July 10, 2010

Week of Fun!

We had a great week with our friends Da Maines! They hung out with us here in IN for a few days, we celebrated the 4th of July together and the rest of the time we just enjoyed doing a whole lot of nothing! It was so nice to have nothing to do but hang out with friends. CW and Dylo reconnected very fast too, it was like they saw each other last week! We decided to go to St. Louis for a few days and hang out which would also help the drive back to Texas be a little shorter for Bo & Leah. We had a great time! I have attached some pictures from our time in St. Louis!

(I hate the way pictures post on here, so I'll do my best to explain them and make it look nice!) The first night we were in St. Louis we ate at Fridays, the food was good, but man was it expensive! They had like a 15% sales tax, because we were next to the ball field and then they added 18% gratuity because our table spent over $75.00. Seriously, it was sickening how much it was for just Fridays. But, we still had fun! We went on a carriage ride after dinner, the boys just sat in a trance. It was really nice! We also took some pictures in the park that was between our hotel and the Fridays we ate at! You will notice that Leah and I had to model our baby belly's off! She is about 8 weeks behind me and we just look good!

We went to the City Museum one day. It was really neat, but it was geared towards kids older then the boys. There were a lot of tunnels to go through and slides to go down, but where they came out we didn't know. So, sending your 2 and 3 year old down them was not an option. The dads were too big for some areas and well, I hate to say it, but so were Leah and I!! We ate a Pappy's BBQ after that, D slept through lunch, but CW was still going. We went back to the hotel and let both boys get their naps in and then went out for dinner. Our second day we went to the Arch. It was really neat, not sure I will ever go back to the top of it again, but it was a fun experience. It is some tight squeezing up there! We were going to go to another museum that had a dinosaur display that afternoon, but of course the dinos were gone. We decieded it would be best if we all just got on the road and headed home. I of course, broke down...I am getting back to being very emotional!! I calmed down and now I can even think back to the moment and not cry! :)

It was so nice to see Bo, Leah and Dylan again! We are truely blessed to have such good friends that we can go an entire year without seeing each other and then just pick up where we left off! Next time we see them we will no longer be able to use one car...we will be a party of 8!





No comments:

Post a Comment