Monday, March 1, 2010

God is good!

I just have to say that God is amazing. Bry and I have been working very hard to pay off our credit card debt for the last almost 6 years. Some days it has felt like an up hill battle. The devil is so good at making us think that we "need" this or that. We have stumbled (more times than I care to remember), but we are finally seeing the end of the road! We only have 1 credit card left that has stuff from the house on it, like the carpet, paint, etc. It looks like with our tax check we are going to get to pay it off in full in the next few weeks! God has blessed us with a nice tax check, my basketball check and a bonus from Bry's work!! All of those things combined should allow us to be credit card free.
We were able to finally get out of our leased vehicle as well! It sounded so good 3 years ago and our game plan looked really good as well, on paper! Then life happened and we realized that things don't always go as planned and kids do cost more then you think. So, we learned a major lesson and lost a little $$ along the way....leasing is NOT for us! So, we now have 2 vehicles that run and that have low payments that we plan on paying off and keeping for a LONG time.
If all goes to plan, which of course I have learned does NOT always happen, we should be able to replenish our Emergency Fund of $1000.00 before baby 2 gets here. Then if anything should happen to our used, but oh so loved vehicles, we should be able to pay the cash for them.
This hasn't come without not getting a few things that we really, really "need" want. Bry wants to get a shed so bad, our garage is a 2 car garage, but once we put the stuff up for winter, it only fits one vehicle, so he gets stuck in the snow! I want a deck for the back of the house so we can eat supper outside and have a place to sit and watch CW play. We both realize that if we just wait we may be able to do both next summer and pay cash for them. That would be so much nicer then the credit card alternative! Our major downfall is when we can get something for zero percent interest, with low payments (or no payments until Feb. 22.) It is like the best of both worlds. We can get what we want and still make a payment we can afford and not pay any interest. We are working on getting better at this....
The other amazing thing about God is that it is just amazing that there are so many people in this world that are praying to Him every second of the day. But, then you listen to the radio or you hear a sermon that God has tailored to your prayer. Don't you think that is just amazing? I mean really, there are like hundreds of people in my church and yet the sermon still gets to answer my prayer or my hurt. Or I get a random email that answers a question that I just had or have been wondering about...and God told me...plain as day. I just LOVE when I can feel and see God working not only in my life, but in those around me. Bry and I have friends who have had a major prayer answered for them, how can He possibly have time to listen and hear all of us and then answer or prayers? That to me is amazing and I am Okay with not knowing how he does it. I am just amazed that He does and that He continues to work even when we live in a world that is so confused and lost.

2 comments:

  1. this is awesome!! Good for you guys... You know the zero percent interest sounds good until someone loses a job or life changes in ways you couldn't expect. This is going to change your life forever!

    ReplyDelete